Bring body-positive, empowering movement to people of all shapes, sizes, ages, and abilities!
Help your students feel Empowered, Supported, and Authentically themselves!
HoopAsana is gentle, body-positive yoga with the strengthening and stabilizing of an adult-sized heavyweight hoop. Classes offer many options for each student to get what they need - whether that's a gentle class with maximum stabilization from the hoop OR a sweat-inducing dynamic movement filled class with lots of hoop movement.
In this teacher training you'll learn how to:
- incorporate the HoopAsana philosophy and guiding principles into your teaching
- lead a hoop-making workshop you can offer to your students for additional income and go home with your own hoop
- use specific language, timing, sequencing, and adjustments to create a body-positive atmosphere you can incorporate into any of your classes
- safely teach 15+ foundational HoopAsana poses you can combine for endless sequences
- teach with a variety of props, including hoops, yoga blocks, straps, blankets, and bolsters
You'll walk away ready to teach HoopAsana with the support of:
- your HoopAsana Teacher Manual containing everything you need to know about teaching safe and empowering classes
- the HoopAsana name for your classes and marketing materials - for life. No re-certification or other fees, ever!
- free updates to the HoopAsana Teacher Manual as it evolves
- a Certified HoopAsana Instructor badge for your website
- 10 tested sequences, so you can start teaching right away
- access to a private Facebook group so you can continue to connect with the HoopAsana teacher community
- your shiny new adult-sized hoop you made with your own two hands
- HoopAsana Teacher Training is offered as a long-weekend retreat in Houston, TX (Th-Sun: 25 classroom hours).
- You are responsible for meals, lodging, and transportation
- Pre-training prep work will be sent to registered participants 30 days before training
- Investment is $430, payable in full or in two installments ($215 deposit to hold your spot and then $215 due 30 days before training)
- No hoop or yoga instructor certification necessary. Prerequisites are a background in movement or movement instruction AND a personal yoga practice/familiarity with basic yoga postures and philosophy.
- Training is accepted by Yoga Alliance to fulfill Continuing Education requirements!